Come join us!
So you’ve read all about us on our About Page and you want to find out more about joining us? Great! As mentioned on our Training page, you don’t have to be an existing BSAC » member to join our Club. We accept divers from other agencies as well such as PADI, and quite a few of our members have qualifications in both of these agencies. We have a number of instructors in our club, so we are happy to train new divers.
If you’ve not dived before and fancy giving it a go, take a look at our Try Diving! page.
Benefits of joining BSAC
When you become a member of BSAC, you get the following benefits:
- Access to internationally-recognised Diver Training Programme
- Qualifications that are internationally recognised and respected
- Monthly magazine ‘SCUBA’ delivered to your door (annually worth approx £45)
- Save money on your diving holidays through BSAC Travel Partners
- Worldwide Third-Party Liability insurance
- 10% or more off BSAC items, and access to members own area of bsac.com
- Diver’s events, including shows and conferences
- Have your say – as a member of the UK’s Governing Body for diving
- + more!
Benefits of joining Cotswold BSAC
When you join Cotswold BSAC we can offer you the following:
- Training from fully qualified BSAC instructors within the club
- Swimming pool available for training, testing out diving equipment, practising diving, swimming and snorkelling
- Diving from the Club’s 6 metre (approx 20 feet) RIB
- Choice of Club diving trips around the UK and abroad with a busy schedule of dives organised
- Social events such as the Annual Dinner, quizzes, ten pin bowling, meals out and BBQ’s etc
- The use of diving equipment whilst training, and the ability to hire equipment at little cost
- The sharing of ideas, stories, experiences (good and bad!) through our weekly Club nights
- Free advice and recommendations from our members, including different kit configurations
- Being part of an active, friendly club that covers a variety of ages and diverse backgrounds
So what does all this cost?
That is indeed the question, and it’s less than what you might think!
In order to join any club you first have to be a member of BSAC as well, so you will pay two annual memberships, one to BSAC, and one to the Club. It can get a little confusing with the various fees, so hopefully these handy tables will help to summarise the costs.
|BSAC Membership Rates1|
|All members apart from those listed below||£60|
|Advanced Divers, Club Instructors and Open Water Instructors||£55|
|First Class Divers and Advanced Instructors||£49.75|
(Second member of a household aged 18 years or over who joins as full diving member.
Note the joint member does not get a BSAC magazine)
(Aged between 12 & 17 years. Includes online BSAC magazine only. No Club voting powers)
(For those in full time education and over 18. Includes online BSAC magazine only)
1 Correct as of September 2019.
|Cotswold BSAC Membership Rates2|
|BSAC Air and Nitrox
Instructor expenses and
|Cotswold BSAC total||£65||£221||£76||£191||£46||£151|
2 Correct as of September 2019
3 Cross-over is a diver coming to BSAC from another diving agency, such as PADI
* Pack includes additional items normally bought at Ocean Diver Level
** Assumes these were purchased as an Ocean Diver
^ Reduced by £30 if student is using their own regulators
# Assumes yearly Club membership is in place
This is confusing, can you provide an example?
Yes, all the two different costs (BSAC and Cotswold BSAC) can get confusing.
If you have never dived before, you would start with Ocean Diver training. So to become a fully qualified Ocean Diver, you would have to pay £60¹ to join BSAC, and then £221² to join Cotswold 332. This is a total of £281². This may seem a lot, but bear in mind this includes the benefits of both joining BSAC and Cotswold 332 for a year (see above), your training, materials and equipment. An equivalent with PADI for example, would be at least double the cost.
Are there any other costs?
There is also a small charge for members to use the Club pool. This is currently £3 per week, or a ‘pool pass’ can be purchased for £40 which gives unlimited use of the pool from 1st January to 1st January (pro-rata basis for mid-year purchases).
Are there any restrictions?
To join Cotswold BSAC you need to be aged 16 years or over and medically fit. Parental approval is needed for anyone under the age of 18 years.
The Club will consider applications from younger persons provided they are directly related to an existing or joining member. Anyone under 18 should be accompanied by a responsible adult who will take responsibility for them during Club activities.
We also offer a social membership to members who sadly can no longer dive or choose not to dive, but wish to remain a part of the Club and still interact socially. This also covers partners of Diving Members for the same reasons. The current cost to be a social member is £12, which also makes you a member of the ‘100 Club’ which is a monthly prize-draw.
Social members can also use the Club pool, but only for swimming. This is currently £3 per week or £45 for a ‘pool pass’.
Visitors who are neither diving members or social members can use the pool for swimming for £3.50.